Thank you for considering becoming a sponsor! Check out our Sponsorship Package and Rewards Grid to see all of the perks available to you, and read below for more information. To sign up, or if you have any questions, contact our Sponsorship Coordinator, Danielle Workman, at email@example.com.
About the Festival
The 2019 Canadian Festival of Spoken Word (CFSW) is a week-long festival featuring a national poetry slam team competition, showcase performances, and workshops from distinguished artists. Hosted and organized by Guelph Spoken Word for the second year in a row (!!), it is expected to draw an even larger crowd of artists, patrons and influencers from local and national arts scenes. This year’s festival theme of 'Discovery' speaks to 'The Story Within Us.’
Why Sponsor CFSW?
The Canadian Festival of Spoken Word will offer your organization a variety of opportunities to establish your brand both locally and nationally. Your brand will reach audiences of approximately 2500 over the course of the festival. Although a wide range of people attend CFSW, based on a 2017 survey, the core demographics are as follows:
- 18-60 years of age
- Balanced gender demographics
- Largely university- or college-educated
- Regular patrons of festivals and performing arts
- Local media, principally focused on arts and entertainment coverage
- Over 100 high-profile influencers from artistic communities across the country, including Toronto, Ottawa, Halifax, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Calgary
- Opinion leaders in the Canadian arts and arts education scenes
- Opinion leaders highly engaged with arts education
- Active in social media with significant followings
Social Media Reach
Canadian Festival of Spoken Word
- Facebook: 2300+ followers
- Instagram: 300+ followers
- Twitter: 500+ followers
Guelph Spoken Word
- Facebook: 1200+ followers
- Facebook: 800+ group members
- Twitter: 1300+ followers
SPOCAN (Spoken Word Canada)
- Over 850 followers on Twitter
- Over 2200 followers on Facebook
Prefer to donate goods and services?
Material and service donations are essential to the festival, and will place your brand directly in the hands of attendees. We are primarily in need of:
- Food and beverages
- Photography and videography
- Printing services
- Sound and video equipment
- Swag bag contributions (coupons, notebooks, etc)
- Venue rentals
- Volunteer hours
Wish List Sponsors
Want to make our festival dreams come true? We want so many things for the festival, but we can’t make them all happen with our budget constrictions. Gain a special Wish List Sponsor title and direct your donation to a specific item or service, listed below. Got more ideas that aren’t listed here? Contact our Sponsorship Coordinator to discuss how we can use your contribution.
- Live stream our finals showcase
- Hire an Accessibility Coordinator
- Give bus passes to poets and artists
- Cover travel and/or hotel accommodations for 2 Poets of Honour
- Feed the crew - meals for organizers and core volunteers
With your support, we will be able to:
- Pay artists and performers, in a province where arts funding is steadily decreasing
- Provide physically accessible venues and stages
- Attract a wide audience to fill our shows and workshops
- Offer food, accommodation, travel subsidies and perks for core volunteers
- ... & much more!
To sign up, or if you have any questions, contact our Sponsorship Coordinator, Danielle Workman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.